How do ads work on YouTube?
If you are looking to create a video advertisement on YouTube, you have plenty of options in terms of the type of video advertisement you can run. We cover everything you need to know about YouTube video advertising formats before you set-up your first campaign. In Google Ads, you can create YouTube and Google Display Network video advertising campaigns with different YouTube video ad formats to engage customers in different ways on YouTube and across video partner sites. First a channel should have 4000 hours of watch time and 1000 subscribers to apply for AdSense. Then after approval AdSense starts showing ads on the videos. If you don’t skip the ad or even better click the ads you get paid.There are different types of ads like overlay, skippable, non skippable etc. Available video ad formats include:
skippable in-stream ads, non-skippable in-stream ads, video discovery ads, Outstream ads, and bumper ads. While video advertising content must be hosted on YouTube, video ads can appear on YouTube and on video partner sites and apps across the Google Display Network, including on tablets and mobile devices. YouTube Video Advertising Formats:
1. Skippable in-stream ads – YouTube Skippable In-Stream Ads are a TrueView YouTube Advertising format. The user watching the video must watch 30 seconds or longer, or interact with the video before the advertiser is charged. You see Skippable In-Stream Ads before, during, and after videos.
2. YouTube Non-skippable in-stream ads – YouTube Non-Skippable In-Stream ads are 15 seconds or less and users must watch the full video. You are unable to skip this video format. YouTube Skippable In-Stream Ads are a TrueView YouTube Advertising format.
3. YouTube Discovery ads – appear alongside videos and in the YouTube search results. Advertisers are charged when someone clicks on one of their videos.
4. YouTube Bumper ads – YouTube Bumper Ads are a 6-second video advertising format, where users must watch a short ad before the video. They are non-skippable and the video ads are very short, so advertisers must catch their target audiences view very quickly.
5. YouTube Outstream ads – YouTube Outstream ads are a mobile and tablet only ad format. They will only show on mobile devices and the advertiser is charged when the video is viewed for 2 seconds or longer.
Some Features Of Youtube Ads
- you can select a location for your ads
- you can select a audience for your ads
- you can select a topic for your ads
- you can select a keywords for your ads
- you can select a place for your ads
Can you make money on YouTube without ads?
Well, advertisements on YouTube is something which comes at last for making money when the youtuber have a great audience.
Ok, so when a person starts a YouTube channel, their only source of income are advertisements but with time when their channel and audience grows they unlock many new ways to make money.
- Donations: On live streams, audience or fans donates some amount of money to the youtuber.
- Affiliate Marketing: Becoming an affiliate is the easiest way to make money on YouTube without Adsense. Making money through affiliate links means you advertise certain products in your videos and encourage your viewers to buy the product. You’ll have a link to the product in the video description, which is a special URL attached to your account. Every time someone makes a purchase through one of your links, you’ll receive a commission from that sale.
- Sponsorship: The most effective way to make money on YouTube is through partnerships with brands. If you have an engaged following that trusts you, brands will pay you to endorse their products or services.
- Channel Membership: Channel Memberships are an extension of the existing Sponsorships. Viewers pay $4.99/month to a content creator, and in return get unique badges, new emoji, members-only posts, and “access to unique custom perks offered by creators”.
- Make money on YouTube by selling products or merchandise.
- Let your audience support your work through “fan funding”.
What are the types of YouTube ads?
Youtube pops up in-streaming ads to their viewers, In-streaming ads can be of many types such as:
Skippable ads– These are those ads that can be skipped by viewers after 5 seconds generally, these ads can differ in duration but they can be skipped in 5 seconds
Non Skippable ads– These are those ads that can not be skipped by viewers and they have to watch them, these ads also differ in their duration it may be of 1 minute but these ads generally aren’t of long duration that viewer has to watch for 4–5 mins, they mostly revolve around 1 minute but depends upon advertisers mostly.
Bumper ads– These are those ads that have to last within less time means the whole ad will get over in 6 to 10 seconds and Google mostly charges them on basis of CPM. Big brands opt. these ads in which they convey their whole message in 6–10 seconds only. You have to attract viewers in less time only such as BMW, Apple, and several other brands that can easily opt. them and convey the message in less than 7–8 sec only because people are already aware of their positioning, they just have to awake their customers again.