AdSense is a free, simple way to make money online by placing ads on your website as well as in your YouTube videos.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a platform given by Google (originally called Google AdWords) for setting up text ads, product listings, and support listings, cellular App installs and video advertisements. Google Ads will display my advertisement only to people who look for certain keywords and phrases I have targeted, including, Cameras, DSLR Cameras, low-budget DSLR Cameras.
This electronic platform enables business owners to put ads on a local, national or even international level. Various digital advertising and marketing firms in Pune, operate exclusively on Google Advertising.
How can you use this?
If your source is YouTube
Then this is simple and straight forward. Just create some unique videos and you can integrate a Adsense account to that easily.
Once you done that, depends upon the number of people watches the video which will be played along with google ads. From that You can earn a good amount of income.
If the source is a blog or website
Simillar to YouTube, however there are strict guidelines to get your blog/website to get accepted by Adsense program.
Once you got accepted, you can place the google ads wherever you want in your website. Depends upon the user traffic from your website, you will earn decent amount of money.
Google Ads are type of advertisements that appear next to Google’s SERP(Search engine result pages) with the use of AdWords.
According to search engine land
- Google new update explain how data shows on the search result.
- Only three text ads will show at the bottom of the Search engine result pages.
- right side text ads will BE not show on the search engine on the desktop
- Google will serve four text ads instead of three in the mainline area above the organic listings for more “highly commercial queries” (More on that below).
- The total number of text ads that can appear on a SERP will shrink from as many as 11 to a maximum of seven.
- Product listing ad blocks and Knowledge Panels (sometimes with ads, as tests continue in these spaces) will show in the right rail on relevant queries.
How it works
Ads are matched to search results pages based on the terms or phrases that someone searches.
Google Ads is among the most advanced algorithm made by Google. Google Ads functions on the basis of cookies and keywords.
Cookies are your information that’s collected by Google about your browsing history and customs etc..
Keywords are the most frequently used phrases that consumers compose while searching for answers.
Following are the deciding factors of a Quality score:
- The Click-Through Rate
- The quality of the landing page and the user experience on the landing page
- Ad-text significance
- Keyword relevance
- Historical performance of Your Business
When to choose it
When someone is intentionally seeking out a product or service like yours, they’re much more likely to find your ad helpful, and click it.
Use this type of campaign when:
- You want your ads to appear next to Google search results
- You only want to reach customers searching for your specific product or service
Search Network only campaigns are usually focused on getting people to take action such as clicking your ad or calling your business. These campaigns show ads to people who are actively seeking out information.
Search Network only (Standard)
- Basic location targeting
- Basic bidding and budget settings
- Common ad extensions to include a phone number, URL, location or social link.
- Language targeting
- Advanced social and experimental settings
- Ad scheduling and ad delivery method options
- Advanced location options
- Mobile app extensions
- Advanced keyword matching
- IP exclusions
- Dynamic tracking URLs
- Remarketing lists for search ads
What types of Ads can I place?
Google Ads has evolved tremendously over time. A Digital Marketing Agency logically pointed out in the beginning, Google Ads was comparable to the strangest”Yellow Pages” using just text listings along with also a monthly fee to be paid by the businessman.
This 19-year-old company platform offers text ads, video ads, shopping advertisements, mobile program install advertisements and even smart advertisements which allow you to accomplish your company goals with the assistance of Google.
Google Ads may be put on the SERP or on different sites utilizing the Google Screen Network. The Google Screen Network is a broad network of sites including but not restricted to information portals, blogs, magazines, and purchasing sites.
Digital advertising business in Pune considers that local companies haven’t yet exploited the Google Screen Network to the fullest. There’s still a great deal of scope in this specific sector.
Let us break down the process of putting up a Google Ad into simple steps:
- Create a Google Ads account. Go to the Google Ad homepage sign up using your Gmail account details.
- Create a “New Campaign” for your company.
- Under this campaign you will now have to select what type of ad you want to place:
- Mobile App Install
- Smart Ad
- Once you specify the type of ad, you can then move on to your campaign goals. Now, please understand that your campaign goals are unique not only to your company but also to this particular campaign!
- Take a call on what your campaign goal is based on the end result you wish to achieve through this campaign. Is it more traffic to your website? Is it more sales? Is it general brand awareness? Or is it lead generation?
- Make a choice based on your ultimate aim if necessary take help from digital marketing service in Pune.
- Based on the goal that you choose, Google Ads will guide you further and help you break down your goal into actionable parts.
- Suppose we choose the Search campaign and the goal is to Increase Website Traffic. Then the next thing we need to do is give details about our website i.e the URL.
- After that, we can choose the network i.e should it be only on the SERP or also on the GDN.
- The crucial part comes up next, namely, targeting an audience. Targeting is geographical, language-based, age-wise, income-wise, relationship status wise, affinity wise and so on and so forth.
- A Digital Marketing Services might be able to give you a better idea on how best to target your ad. This is an essential step and the crux of any ad campaign. If you happen to target the wrong demographic then a lot of your moolah is down the drain and you have nothing to show for it!
- You can then enter your budget per day for the campaign. Therefore, be careful not to enter the entire campaign’s budget there! Don’t forget to specify the duration of the campaign.
- Next part is the bidding for the ad. There are various types of bids that Google Ads offer:
- Cost Per Click (this is the most common one)
- Cost Per Conversion (this is action based eg: app install)
- Cost Per Conversion Value (this is a customizable option where the advertiser can define the conversion value eg: addition to magazine’s subscription list)
- Cost Per Impression share (this is based on the number of people who come across the ad)
- Depending on what is suitable for your campaign strategy choose the bidding option. It may be a little difficult to get a grip on the bidding amount, strategy and cost analysis as a beginner.
- It is therefore advisable to approach a professional digital marketing service in Pune to formulate these plans for you.
- You can then continue to add site link extensions, callout extensions, and call extensions.
- Proceed further and create the actual Ad! What should be the header? What should be your text? What is your call to action? Think carefully and put all of these up. Make sure that there are no grammatical errors or random capitalizations in the Ad. Make it a simple, clean and eye-catching ad.
- Finally, punch in your credit card details and viola your ad is ready to run!
Google Ads is not just a small tool in your digital marketing toolbox, it is a powerful weapon that can help you accelerate your business growth in a small amount of time.
A fantastic digital marketing company in Pune would advise you on how to build your ad campaign, how to target the right audience, how to bid and provide yours with a transparent data analysis on your campaign.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog and are excited to start your journey with Google Ads.
There are three main categories of Google Ads.
- Adsense – to manage ads shown in web pages
- Admob – Ads shown in mobile apps
- YouTube ads- Ads shown while watching YouTube’s .
Google Ads network is categorized into the Google Search Network and Google Display Network.
Google Search Network consists of Google Search Engine Results and other Google sites like google images and google maps.
Google Display Network consisting of youtube channels and videos, mobile apps, and websites that give space on their web pages for google ads.
Google search ads are the text ad that is displayed on the Google Search Network or Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
Google search ads are of two types :-:
- Expanded Text Ad
- Responsive Search Ad
In Expanded Text Ad, you can give 3 headings up to 30 characters each and 2 description up to 90 characters each.
In Responsive Search Ad, you can give up to 15 headings and 4 descriptions in which the user will see different combinations of any two headings and two descriptions every time.
The CPC bid of the search ad campaign depends upon the keywords and targeting as some keywords have high CPC bid and some locations are very expensive to target. The CPC bid of a keyword is depended upon its search volume as a keyword with a high search volume is expensive.
- When choosing keywords for your Ad campaigns different matching options are available. The two main keyword match options include the following:
- Broad Match: This reaches the most users by showing your ad whenever your keyword is searched for.
- Broad Match Modifier: This option prevents your ad from showing when a word or phrase you specify is searched for.
- Phrase Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase.
- Exact Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase exclusively.
Choosing which type of Ads campaign to use depends largely on exactly what you sell and who makes up your target market.
Google Adwords comes under the Pay Per click channel of Digital Marketing. In Google Adwords website owners can advertise their websites in the top results of the SERP by paying per click basis.
There are various networks available in Google Adwords platform:
- Search Network
- Display Network
- Video Network
- Shopping Ads
- Universal App Campaign
- Display & Search