Facebook Ads provide a platform for you to place promotions or product offers in the news feed of a specific targeted audience.
Considering the following reasons advertising on Facebook should be a pretty great idea:
- A lot of people spend a LOT of time on Facebook. Which means they’re rife with advertising potential
- You can find the perfect audience that will find your advertisement relevant
- You’ll spend a lot lesser money, while showing off your products and services to a lot more people
- By extension of the last point, you’ll also be increasing brand awareness
- Facebook can help with re-targeting existing audiences
- It helps increase revenue, sales and leads
Facebook also provides a number of different ways you through which you can advertise your product:
- Single-Images ads
- Multi-product ads (Carousel Ads)
- Video ads
- Lead ads
- Slideshow ads
- Collection ads
- It is the process of engaging targeted customers.
This is a rather small introduction on Facebook Ads.
If you want to learn more about it, why don’t you check this video out?
- Ads can appear in News Feed on desktop, News Feed on mobile and in the Right Column of Facebook on desktop.
- Ad content is sometimes paired with news about social actions that your friends have taken, such as liking a Page.
- Your friends might see news about the social actions that you have taken in Facebook ads. This news will only be shown to your confirmed friends and will adhere to applicable privacy settings that you’ve set for your account. If a photo is used, it’s your profile photo and not a photo from your photo albums.
- Facebook doesn’t sell your info to advertisers.
- Facebook actively enforces policies that help protect your experience with third-party apps and ad networks.
Facebook Ads are ads you run from the Facebook advertising platform. They can show up (and you get to choose these placements if you don’t want them all):
- On Facebook.com
- In the Facebook app
- In FB messenger
- On Instagram
- In other partner apps, e.g. The History Channel app and others
They can achieve many goals (knowing your goal for each ad is very important), including:
- Video views
- Post engagement
- Website traffic
- Conversions like getting leads or sales
- FB page fans
- New app users
- App engagement
The targeting is very good, and you can reach many types of people with it based on things like:
- Demographics (age, gender, etc.)
- Behaviors (like purchase behavior)
- Connections (to FB pages)
- Retargeting (people who’ve been to your website or interacted with a post or watched a video)
Businesses choose Facebook ads for all those reasons, the fact that there are so many people on Facebook (latest stats, there are still even more young people on FB than Instagram or Snapchat) plus the relatively low cost.
They choose Google if they can afford higher costs and want people who are searching for something right now.
Facebook gets you in front of the the right people, but you have to do a bit more to get them to take action since they may not have set out to look for it.
TOP 5 Reasons to Advertise on Facebook
Reason #1. Facebook Advertising is Highly Effective
- 96% of social media marketers consider Facebook the most effective social media advertising platform
- Facebook’s daily active users’ number rose 18% to 1.47 billion people in 2018.
- Social media advertising budgets have doubled worldwide over the past 2 years
Reason #2. Simple Set-Up Process and Fast Results
- You can get started without a large effort, and see the first results when spending as few as $10
- Managing Facebook ads is a significantly easier process
Reason #3. You Can Reach Your Perfect Audience
Facebook target audiences are highly customizable, making it possible to target people based on their interest, demographics, location, actions on your website, engagement in your app, and much more.
Reason # 4. Facebook Ad Campaigns Are Highly Customizables
Reason # 5. Facebook Is Adding New Features Every Month
The faster you learn to advertise on Facebook, the sooner you’ll unlock the full potential of social media advertising.
The best way to start learning about Facebook ads as a beginner is to set up your Facebook Business Manager account and create your first ad campaign.
Why it is important?
Facebook ads are so important to brands because of the extra reach, exposure, and targeting options available to brands who advertise on the network.
For every single brand that advertises on Facebook, it’s also important to be able to segment social media performance by paid vs. organic activities.
How Paid and Organic Likes Are Calculated
Paid and organic Likes are broken out within Facebook Insights’ Like Sources.
Like Sources can be viewed within the Insights tool or the Insights data export, where the number of unique people who liked your Page are broken out by location.
You can find the following three sources of paid Likes within Like Sources:
- Mobile Ads
- Sponsored Stories
The sum of these three sources represents the total number of paid Likes for your Page.
How to use it?
When you advertise on Facebook, it becomes more difficult to report on audience growth that is driven organically.
Nevertheless, for social marketers, it’s important to both understand the impact of paid advertising and avoid attributing paid Likes to successful community management tactics.
Segmenting paid Likes from total Likes allows you to do just that. By separating the two, you can accurately report on community growth while still being able to identify trends in organic growth.
Facebook adevertisments is not as easy as it sounds to be honest, in my expeirence we have to curate alot of facts and figures as well as insights on our targeted niche and audience. So here i list few important points which should be noted down on a piece of paper before you start with the advertisment campaigns-
- Targeted niche research.
- Targeted audience (in starting phase always choose small audience to target).
- Demographic research.
- Market demand for your product.
- Gender and age specified.
- Interest of the targeted audience
- Per day budget.
Why should a business use Facebook advertising?
Although you may be thinking along the same lines as many other B2B businesses – that Facebook Marketing isn’t worth spending money on to reach your target clients – your mindset needs to change if you want to jump onboard one of the most effective digital marketing platforms in existence.
In fact, 80% of all internet users have some kind of presence on Facebook and through spending as little as 1 a day, you will be able to much better reach those responsible for making buying decisions in a business, without needing to go for the hard sell.
But that’s exactly when you should be targeting them. Not only is it used by such a huge variety of people, but it’s also probably the most targeted and cheapest forms of advertising available.
If a customer is browsing their Facebook feed during downtime rather than work time, your business may not be at the front of their mind. However, if they see a well-targeted ad from your company even when they don’t have their business hat on, your brand will still in their mind when they perhaps are looking to make a purchasing decision later down the line.
Facebook advertising is easily measurable. With Facebook Pixels, you can see exactly what traffic you’re driving through to your website and those visitors’ behaviour when they hit your site. Did they buy anything? Which pages did they visit? Did they add anything to their cart? Send a query to your customer service department?
With these insights, you can continue to market to them via other sales channels, making it more likely they’ll convert into customers.
The key to success with Facebook adverts
To experience a decent ROI on Facebook advertising, it’s hugely important to make sure you’re focusing on the right group of people. Put simply, the more niche and narrow your audience, the better returns you’ll get.
Because after all, if your audience is too broad, you’ll be trying to attract even those unlikely to make a purchasing decision and paying for the privilege every time someone clicks on your ad to find it’s not what they’re looking for is a costly way of running advertising.
You also need to make sure your ad copy is well-targeted to your audience too. It’s a good idea to create a range of ads to target each particular challenge your potential client has. These should be determined as part of your wider marketing strategy. You can then analyses which proved more successful and use this to define your ongoing Facebook advertising strategy.
How Facebook Adverts Works?
Facebook is different to other ways of advertising because you can get your advert to just the right people. You choose the audiences for your adverts, and can reach them at any time, on any device.
With Facebook measurement tools, you get incredible insight on how your adverts perform. When you understand your advert results, you can improve them for even more impact.
Creating and Advert
The advert creation tool helps you to create targeted adverts to reach all the right people for your business.
Power Editor is a tool for advertisers who operate at scale and need precise control of their adverts, advert sets and campaigns.
Business Manager is a tool that lets advertisers manage all of their advert accounts, Pages, apps and permissions in one place.
Facebook Ads is a platform which provides various offers to the users to do advertisement and promotion.
Steps to run Facebook Ads are as follows:-
Facebook provides various paid ads options and ads placement. Ads can be of 3 categories such as:
- Ad Sets
- Ads, etc.
Tips to set-up Facebook Ads are as follows:-
- Set Facebook Ads Marketing Goals
- Use Facebook Ad Manager
- Choose Marketing Objective
- Define your Audience & Budget
- Choose Ads Placement
- Make Quality & Effective Ads
- Use Facebook Automation Tool to maintain Facebook Ads, etc.
Reasons to use Facebook for advertising:
- Facebook ads are highly effective
After launching in the year of 2004 Facebook hold more than 2.2 billion monthly active users. Facebook is considered as one of the top advertising platforms. In a survey by Kleiner Perkins, it was found that 78% of Facebook ads create a great influence on the public.
Facebook and the internet as a complete will advance to be the best way for you to unite with customers and generate sales using ads.
- Simple set-up and fast result
Setting up Facebook ads takes a little time but gives you an excellent result within a very short time. Anyone can Log in to Facebook and create a business manager account.
- You can reach to your targeted audience
In a 2018 study, it was observed that 65% of users say that social media influences their shopping. Out of that 57%, 44% said that Facebook of all social media platforms was most influential. With the targeting options available to you as an advertiser and the influence Facebook has on consumer behavior, Facebook is the perfect channel for reaching your ideal audience.